Aeronautical Engineering is one of the best undergraduate programs in aviation. Aeronautical Engineering is the study that involves researching, designing, constructing, testing, and manufacturing of the aircraft, aircraft parts & components within Earth's atmosphere. It also covers the investigation into aerodynamic elements of aircraft, including behaviours and related factors such as control surfaces, lift, airfoil, and drag. The Aeronautical Engineering course details are described below for further information. The student must read the complete Aeronautical Engineering details before taking admission. The complete information about Aeronautical Engineering are provided below so that students can understand about the course in a better way.
Aeronautical Engineering Courses
Aeronautical Engineering courses are the branch of Aerospace Engineering that is related to the manufacturing of aircraft and its parts. The Aeronautical Engineering course duration is 4 years as it is a B.E / B. Tech. course. In that Aeronautical Engineering course of 4 years, there are 8 semesters in which students will get the academic as well as theoretical knowledge about designing, manufacturing, and testing of the aircraft.
Aeronautical Engineering Eligibility
The following eligibility is required for aeronautical engineering: -
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with 50%for General and min.45% for ST,SC & OBC Candidates or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma .
- Candidate must have passed with minimum 45% 10+2 in PCM or equivalent.
Aeronautical Engineering Exam
- Aeronautical Engineering exam for entrance can be through AMERAT that offers admission in Aircraft Engineering Course in one of the leading institutes approved by AICTE, Government of India. Based on AMERAT All India Rank (AIR), students participate in counselling and confirm their admission in government approved Aeronautical institutes.
- Aeronautical Engineering exam for entrance is of the objective pattern and is in Hindi & English medium both. The question paper consists of 90 questions and each question carries 4 marks.
Aeronautical Engineering Course Admission
Aeronautical Engineering course admission process comprises of few steps which are as follows:-
- Students must fulfill the Aeronautical Engineering qualification to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering Institutes.
- Fill the registration form of AMERAT which is available on official www.amerat.in for admission in the Aeronautical Engineer course.
- After qualifying the AMERAT, students can take admission in the Aeronautical Engineering course.
Aeronautical Engineer Course Fee Structure
Aeronautical Engineer course fee structure depends upon the choice of students. After clearing the AME RAT exam, students can avail admission in one of the top institutes in India which are approved by AICTE. Admission will be offered to the students based on their All India Rank (AIR). Under AME RAT there are Aeronautical Engineering Institutes and Universities.
Aeronautical Engineer course fee structure varies from universities to universities as the institutes are in different states of India, so there is a range of fees of approx. 04-06 lakh INR for full course fee.
The fees can be paid to the institutes semester wise. The exact Aeronautical Course fees details can be seen on the official website of the Aeronautical colleges. There will be Education Loan facilities available for the students through the bank. The fees will be different for Indian and NRI students and relatively high for the NRI students.
Aeronautical Engineering Scope
The Aeronautical Engineering scope in India is growing in the aviation sector and putting their step towards manufacturing of Aircrafts and Aircraft Parts. It increases the need of Aeronautical Engineers. It’s scope is demand both in India as well as in foreign countries. They are demanded in aviation sector as well as aircraft-manufacturing units in private and public sectors.
At the end of course the scope puts a candidate in a state where companies hire them as a trainee engineer or junior engineer. After judging their efficiency & performance they are promoted to higher levels.
The career opportunities are: -
- Aviation: -Based on using their knowledge & skill they try to improve the safety of the flight and economically benefit the company and many more.
- Manufacturing Companies: - They are the members of the research and analysis team of mfg. companies like HAL, NAL, TAAL &Tata Boeing Aerospace limited etc.
- Research Organizations:- Can build your career as a scientist in great research organizations like ISRO, DRDO, CSIR, NASA & etc.
Aeronautical Engineering Work Profile
The Aeronautical Engineering work profile plays a vital role in the aviation sector. Aeronautical Engineering work profiles are mentioned below to provide an overview for the course: -
- Provide direction and coordination to the designing, manufacturing, and testing of an aircraft.
- Evaluate the proposal for a project if they are technically and financially feasible.
- Assess if the outcome of the project meets the goals that are defined earlier.
- Evaluate design to look that the products meet the engineering principles, environmental regulations, and customer requirements.
- Build the acceptance criteria for quality standard, design method, sustainment after delivery of project, and completion dates.
- Ensure that projects reach the quality standard as defined in the proposal.
- If there is any damage to the product, identify the sources of problems and possible solution for that.